Saturday, July 30, 2011

Day 349: Marital problems

As I was headed to the gas station this evening -- my semi-usual trip -- the sky was lit up by the setting sun. The clouds were pink and purple, just an awesome sight.

I stopped at QuikTrip to get gas and pulled in next to a guy driving a silver, four-door sedan. He had dark hair with a few hints of gray, and a beard. I asked him my question. He paused, and then smiled and said it would be OK. So I prayed for him on the spot. Then we went back about our business -- but only for a moment.

The guy then stuck his head back around the gas pump and said, "I just wanted you to know that I'm at a place in my life where I'm in need of prayer." That caught my attention. I asked if he had anything in particular he wanted me to pray about. He told me he was having marital problems. His name was John. I told him I would keep him in my prayers.

This project will come to an end in a couple of weeks. But days like today make me think twice about that. Here was a guy who needed prayer, and maybe he has no one to pray for him. And he's not alone. There are tons of people out there in the same boat. They may not tell a stranger about their prayer needs -- like John did -- but some of them will. Things can get that bad.

So I prayed again for John and for reconciliation in his marriage -- and that maybe he would be drawn closer to God in all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment