Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 330: My ministry

He was in his 40s with dark hair and a serious look on his face. He was a sharp guy who sized me up almost immediately -- and pretty accurately. I asked if I could pray for him and he looked at me questioningly. "Why?" I told him that I try to pray for one person every day.

"Well, I'm a believer," he said. "If you're after a conversion, you're not going to get it." I told him that wasn't necessarily what I was after. I just wanted to pray for him. He thought about this for only a moment. "Well," he said, "I see that's you ministry, so go ahead." So I prayed a prayer of blessing for the man.

Then we shook hands. "Thanks for your courage," he said, adding that he would remember me that night in his own prayers. And like that, he was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment