Friday, July 1, 2011

Day 314: Tire gauge

We woke up this morning to a very flat tire. I’d had my eye on it during our trip out to Colorado and had almost convinced myself that it wasn’t losing pressure. I didn’t have a tire pressure gauge to check, however. It turns out that I was wrong, and it was flat.

The good thing was we found a place open on Saturday in Buena Vista to fix it. (We’re getting pretty good at solving car issues in Colorado, by the way.) Next door to the mechanic was a NAPA Auto Parts store. So after I put our repaired tire back on the van, I went in there and bought a tire gauge.

The store was deadly silent. Even the lights seemed like they were out. But the store was open. The guy behind the counter was round and friendly. I noted the emptiness of the store, and he said he was glad it wasn’t busy. Only he and another guy were working that day. He showed me the tire gauges, and I bought one. It cost $7.51.

When I asked to pray for him, he hesitated. But he did say "yes." Maybe he felt obligated because I was his only customer. But I got a prayer in for him, and I shook his hand. "Nice to meet you," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment