Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 345: Yay God

He was an older guy with a bald head, driving a car with a Johnson County license plate. So, my first thought was that he was well off. Aren't all people well-to-do in Johnson County? That, of course, isn't true, but that was my knee-jerk generalization.

He said I could pray for him. "Absolutely. As long as I can pray for you, too," he said with enthusiasm. He was a very happy guy. So I said a prayer. Then he put his hands up and said, "God's blessings on you." And then he said, "Yay God." I'd not heard that before. Maybe there was a question on my face, so he explained. "That's just something I like to say," he said. "I had a pastor one time who would say that. It says it all -- that we are putting God first."

Yay God.

No comments:

Post a Comment