Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day 347: All white

Everything about him was white. He had the whitest hair possible. I thought maybe he was from Norway or Sweden. He was that blond. The guy was probably 45 years old. I found him standing in front of the Hotel at Old Town. It was in the early evening, and he was on the shaded side, which was good because it was more than 100 degrees outside.

Besides his hair, he was wearing a white shirt, white pants and white shoes. His skin was very pale, too. He was standing there with a bag waiting for someone. I stopped to ask him my question. He looked at me with a questioning look, and I thought for a minute maybe he didn't speak English. Maybe he really was from Sweden!

But finally he said "yes." It was so soft I could barely hear him. But I just ducked my head and prayed. Afterward, he gave me the quietest "thank you" possible. Then I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment