Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day 328: The bread aisle

It was Saturday evening. I picked up two loaves of white and two loaves of wheat at Walmart. There was a guy standing there with a cart half full of groceries. He was mulling over whether to pick something off the shelf. I'm not sure what it was. The guy himself was maybe 60 years old, with short whitish hair.

As I was pushing my own cart out of the aisle, I stopped and asked him my question. He paused, and then said, "I don't care if you do." He said in a pleasant way, sort of. But there was a guy coming up the aisle, looking right at him, in one of those little scooters. So I figured they were together.

I didn't want to make him uncomfortable, so I just said I would pray for him once I left the store. He said he would appreciate that. So I thanked him and left.

No comments:

Post a Comment