Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 336: Cherry limeade

I was in a big hurry. I'm doing some graduate school work and had a research paper due by midnight. I hadn't prayed for anyone yet, and it was 9:30 p.m. The paper was in decent shape -- not perfect -- so I left the house to go look for someone. I found myself at Sonic. Quick and easy, and a good chance at least to get a response from someone.

The girl who brought out the cherry limeade -- I mistakenly thought that was Mary's favorite drink -- was young, probably no older than 20. She smiled when I asked my question, almost like she was expecting it. Maybe she gets all sorts of comments from her customers. Anyway, she let me pray for her. So I did. She thanked me, and then she fulfilled her obligation with a smile, asking whether I needed anything else to go along with my drink. I didn't.

When I got home, I gave Mary the limeade and finished the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment