Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 322: Stretching

He was standing alone next to a minivan, filling it with gas at a Park City gas station. It was pretty late. No one else was at that station, besides me, and the convenience store itself was closed. I walked over to him and asked him my question.

He said I could pray for him. He was a stout guy, probably in his late 20s. I prayed for him, and then he asked what compelled me to do such a thing. So I told him about my project. He said he was a Christian and that he believed Jesus Christ died for his sins. He asked then how I came up with the idea for my project. I told him it really was something God set out for me to do. "To stretch you," he said then. That was exactly right. I told him that too often we Christians are afraid to say anything at all -- to anyone.

He asked what church I went to. He attends Faith Bible Baptist Church, also in Valley Center. In the end, we shook hands and went our own ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment