Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 337: Air conditioning

I went to the gas station on my way home from work, but before I stepped out, I just sat there and let the cool air blow through the vents in the car. It's been ridiculously hot. But there was a guy standing next to a white SUV filling up with gas, and I needed to finish my project for the day. I only have four weeks left!

He was probably in his 50s and was balding. His vehicle had the name of his company, some kind of equipment distributor I think, on the side. The guy looked at me like I was a little nuts -- like it was a silly thing to ask. But he said, really hesitatingly and without looking a me while he pulled his receipt from the gas pump, that I could pray for him. So I did. It was a short prayer. Perhaps pleased by that, he stuck out his hand and shook mine. He thanked me.

No comments:

Post a Comment