Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 346: A reluctant Jayhawk

He didn't want to. Oh, he really didn't want to. He wanted to get into his car and drive away and not look back. But he didn't. That, to me, is the miraculous part. After I'd asked the guy my question -- he was a tall young guy with a KU t-shirt -- he looked away. He also was leaning away. I actually looked down at his feet to see whether he was shuffling away, too. He really just wanted to leave.

We stood there in that suspended state for a few moments, and then I told him about my project. "It'll just take 10 seconds," I said, as sweetly I could. Finally, he seemed to let the air go out of him. "Oh, OK," he said, and he stepped over toward me. It wasn't much of a prayer. But I believe, for some reason with this guy more than most, that it will make a difference. It wasn't much of a prayer, but God can use anything to reach people. I pray he will use this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment