Saturday, July 16, 2011

After 11 months ...

It is shocking to think it's been 11 months. It's all God. There's no way I could have done this on my own. It was his idea. His courage. His words. I am just lucky enough to be part of it.

I've been thinking about how best to sum up what this has been about. What's the big-picture lesson? Is it evangelism? Obedience? Discipline? Sacrifice? It's been all of those certainly. But that's not what this has been about at its very core. To me, it's been about God. Just God. We're to glorify Him in everything we do. As I see what he's done during this project -- all those people who I've been blessed to talk to, whether positive or negative -- I see his power and his guidance. And I can't help but praise him. He's the center. It all points to him and who he is -- loving, forgiving, all-powerful, creating, renewing.

I shouldn't try to write a sermon here. But the closer I get to the end of this project, the more amazed I am at God. He's awesome, and he makes dead things -- and tired things -- new.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

No comments:

Post a Comment