Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 343: Bugs

It was raining bugs. I was at the gas station filling up Mary's van. It was after dark, and the bugs were flying around all over the place. Mostly what I noticed, though, was where they were landing. On me. Not that it was terrible, but you couldn't stand for very long without getting a visitor -- who then would fly away.

The guy I prayed for was young and tall and freckled. He was driving a green pick-up truck with a large VC logo on the back window. So I'm guessing he was still in high school or close to it. He was wearing a ball cap and had the look of a farm kid. He was smashing bugs on the ground when I asked him my question. He looked at me skeptically. "Why?" So I told him about my project. "Yeah, sure, go ahead," he said as he started to get into his truck. But I stopped him and told him I wanted to pray for him right there. 

He let me, reluctantly -- still looking at me a bit strangely. I thanked him afterward, and he left.

No comments:

Post a Comment