Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 344: Close-out sale

Mary and I went shopping at Borders. That company is bankrupt, and it's closing its stores. We found some decent deals. Mary bought a lot of books. Not really wanting to see exactly how many she bought -- she's really a reader -- I went outside to stand in the heat to wait while she paid.

I held the door open for an elderly lady, who went and sat on a bench. It was hot there next to the building, even as the sun was going down. I asked the woman my question, and she quickly said "yes." So I prayed a prayer of blessing, and she thanked me and shook my hand. Then we chatted a few minutes about the weather. She told me her air conditioner was working just fine, thankfully.

Then Mary came out with her bag of books -- a few of mine were in there, too -- and we left.

No comments:

Post a Comment