Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 348: Wichita PD

There was a cop sitting in our parking lot this morning. I saw him as I drove in and wondered about him. He was backed into a space, just sitting there. But his window was rolled down, enjoying what little non-blazing air he could for the day. It was a good opportunity for me, so I walked over to him.

He was pleasant but, as police officers tend to be, a little tense when I approached him. He greeted me. He probably gets lots of complaints and concerns and some element of danger during his days, so when I asked him my question, his face lit up like you wouldn't believe. It surprised me.

"Absolutely!" he said. "I would really like that." I told him about my project, and he nodded, saying I could pray for him right there. "I can use all the prayers I can get," he said. So I prayed a prayer of protection and guidance for him. Then we shook hands, and I headed into the office. That was a good one, I thought to myself.

Later, I discovered why he was sitting there. He was waiting for someone. In the afternoon, a group of police officers -- there must have been more like him stationed around Old Town -- pulled over a white BMW and arrested the driver on the spot. Then they spent a long time searching his car. This happened right outside our office. I don't know whether the police officer I prayed for was among those who stopped the guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment