Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 139: Witnessing

The clerk at Walmart caught my attention after I had prayed for her. She was about 45 years old and not very talkative at first. I had asked about her New Year, and she said it was good. At the time I was buying a few pieces of hardware for a little project I was working on.

There wasn't much material to strike up a deeper conversation with so I just waited until she handed me my receipt. No one else was coming in line behind me, so I asked her my question, and she agreed -- maybe just a little bit hesitantly.

After the "amen," she smiled. "I'll have to tell my son about you. He likes to do that, too." She told me that her son -- who I'm guessing is a high school student -- likes to witness to people but has found that a lot of others don't like to do that. They don't want to go share their faith. But of course, it's as simple as just asking to pray for someone. That's you reaching out to others with the message of God's love. Just get Jesus into the conversation.

Obviously, I'm still learning about this. But it was nice to hear of others out there with the same mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment