Sunday, January 16, 2011

After five months ...

After five months, I've come to find out that this project has been part blessing and part burden. I've felt myself incredibly fortunate to be able to take part in something I believe God is doing both in me and in the lives of others. I rarely leave an encounter with someone without feeling a little more upbeat and a little more in touch with God through the working of the Holy Spirit.

But, man, I've also felt the burden. Like when it comes to be 9 p.m. -- after a long day at work, after coming home to a busy household, after eating dinner, after playing a little with the kids, after the whirlwind that is bedtime for them, and after collapsing on the couch next to Mary. That's when I find myself getting back up again and putting on my coat and walking out the door, looking for someone to pray for. In those moments, I feel really down.

I thank God that I always return home again happier than when I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment