Friday, December 31, 2010

Day 138: Gas pump prayers

I'm not going to advocate everyone should do this. But I've found it's a great way at least to try to witness. You're parked next to someone you most likely don't know and will never see again. So why not just take two quick steps to say something -- anything -- about your faith?

Today was my third day in a row of doing this. (Yesterday, I didn't actually get gas, however. It was a stop-and-go gas pump prayer.) Today, I just needed half a tank to fill up, but I met a woman who was standing next to a large white Cadillac. She was about 50 years old, and she said I could pray for her.

So I did, praying that she would have a blessed evening on New Year's Eve. And when I finished praying, her head was still bowed. "And please bless him, too," she prayed. I thanked her for that and that I appreciated her prayer. She said the same. Then she drove off, and so did I. We went opposite directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment