Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 155: A walking prayer

He was headed out the door right in front of me, leaving Leeker's as it was getting dark and as the people just off work were hurrying around in their last-minute errands of the night. The guy was about 50 years old, in one hand carrying a case of Mountain Dew and in the other a bag of oranges. There were other things in that bag, but the oranges were prevalent.

I was about two paces behind him, but he was headed in the same direction I was, so I gained on him and asked him my question. He just glanced at me, not much expression there, and said, "Yeah." So I prayed. He didn't stop walking and neither did I. It was done before we reached his pickup truck. He thanked me then -- and I felt he was genuine -- and I walked on my toward my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment