Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 147: Johnson's

I stopped in Johnson's General Store to buy a cup of coffee. Really, I was just there to pray for whoever I found. The clerk was a young, skinny guy with tattoos on his arms. I had to wait in line behind another young man who was buying cigarettes. The clerk carded him.

But then it was my turn, and we exchanged pleasantries. I told the clerk I had a quick question for him. "I've got a quick answer for you." OK. So I asked him. "Can I pray for you?" He paused and looked at me. A little grin was on his face, but he was confused. "Explain." So I did, telling him about my project.

"Then sure you can pray for me. Pray all you want." So I did, right there, asking God to bless him that snowy evening. The clerk held out his hand then and shook mine. "Thanks. That was awesome." I could tell he really meant it. So much so that I stopped at the door. "You've probably never had anyone do that for you before," I said. "Never," he responded, "That was really cool."

No comments:

Post a Comment