Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 159: Pepsi Co.

He was driving a beat-up little car with a donut for the front wheel. There was a kid in the back seat, waiting patiently. I hopped out of my car and began filling up with gas, and I asked him my question. He said sure almost immediately. He was a young guy, wearing a Pepsi stocking cap. He stepped toward me with a smile on his face. It was kind of a curious look, like he was wondering whether I really was going to pray for him.

So I did. After the "amen," he asked me if I was a Christian. Kind of a silly question, so I said yes and asked him the same. "I'm Catholic," he said. I told him that was Christian enough for me, and we talked a little bit. He works for Pepsi. He's doing ride-alongs now, but soon he'll be behind the wheel in his own truck.

We talked a moment longer, and then he left. "Nice talking to you," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment