Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 156: A new coat

I was kind of in a hurry. Mary had a PTO meeting to get to, and I was charged with watching the kids. So I did a stop-and-go prayer at the gas station. I found an older gentleman who was filling up his car. I didn't even turn mine off as I got out to walk up to him. He had what looked like a name badge hanging from his jacket. But as I got closer, I noticed it looked more like a tag. A new coat, perhaps?

Anyway, I figured by one look at him -- his shock of white hair and his wise face -- that he would say no. I don't know why I get those preconceptions sometimes, but this one was wrong. He looked at me, and he said yes. "I pray for myself quite often," he said, "So why not?" So I prayed for him, that God would bless him. He thanked me, and I turned to go.

Before I got in my car, I thought I heard him say something. When I turned around, he was looking at me, but whatever he had said -- if he said something at all -- was gone. So I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment