Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 163: Glasses

That's what I remember most as the guy stared back at me with puzzled eyes, through a pair of thick-rimmed glasses. He was a short guy, a little pudgy, filling up his car with gas. A woman was sitting in the passenger's seat, patiently waiting.

I didn't really need gas, but I pulled in and asked him my question. He really didn't like it. His face said that much. "Well ... ," he said, kind of trailing off, unable to muster an actual answer. So I told him about my project. He kind of looked around a little and then, very hesitatingly, said OK. So I prayed.

When I looked up, he still was staring at me through those glasses. "Thanks!" I said. He looked at the pump, where he pulled his receipt. "Yeah, OK," he said. And then he left.

No comments:

Post a Comment