Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 145: Yankees

We didn't actually talk about his hat. But it was a New York Yankees ball cap. You don't see that every day around here. I saw him filling up his van with gas and pulled in alongside him and asked him my question. It had been a frustrating day for me, trying to find someone to pray for. The opportunities had been hard to come by, and the courage often was lacking.

But I did ask this guy. He was short and round, with a white stubble beard and that NY ball cap. And he said he would like to pray for me, too. So I prayed for him, in whatever it was he was doing that evening, asking for God's blessing on him. "Back at you," he said when I finished, "I'll remember you in my prayers tonight."

He said his name was Bob from Newton, and we shook hands and chatted. He attends NewSpring Church, where the rest of his family goes. But that was a tough decision because he was one of the founding members of another church in Wichita -- I didn't catch the name -- and had a difficult time leaving it. But you can't beat going to church with your family.

So he was a Christian. As he got in his van, he told me not to stop believing.

No comments:

Post a Comment