Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 151: A white van

He was standing next to a white van, filling it up with gas. I figured it for a work van. And this was a guy -- probably 25 years old, wearing a Jayhawks ball cap -- who wanted nothing to do with me. He couldn't at first figure out whether I was serious.

"Come on, man," he said when I first asked my question, turning back toward his van and away from me. It was a comment of annoyance, like "Are you kidding me?" But I still stood there, and his eyes eventually came back. "You can do whatever you want," he said finally. It was clear though that he just wanted me out of his face. But I took his words as an invitation, unwilling though it may have been, and I prayed for him.

Afterward, I apologized for being weird. He kind of smiled then, and I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment