Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 160: Smiling

We went to the movies -- quite exciting for us, considering it had been only about a month since the last time. I went back out to the car to make sure I locked it (and this is something normal for me) and found myself walking behind a guy wearing a St. Louis Cardinals jacket. It was one of those letter jackets with all the patches on the back telling of championships. He also was wearing a Cardinals hat.

I stepped up the pace and was walking beside him. Then I asked him my question. A kind of cynical look came across his face, and a little half smile. "Well sure," he said as he kept walking. I asked if I could pray for him right there. He looked straight ahead then, picking up his own pace. "I'm getting in my car," he said. "You can pray for me while I'm driving away."

I stopped then, reaching our own van, and told him (actually I told the back of that Cardinals jacket) that I would indeed do that. Then I walked back inside and stood in line with Mary. She looked at me, "Why are you smiling?" she asked. I hadn't realized until then that I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment