Monday, December 27, 2010

Day 134: A hairnet

Today was the day we started potty-training Sam, our 2-year-old. Never an easy task. I was sent out to get pull-up diapers to assist with the effort, as well as some stickers as rewards for success. We've not yet had success.

So I was walking out of Walmart with my pull-ups and stickers when I saw a guy cleaning the windows on the little deli inside the store. He was a Walmart employee, a short, stocky guy wearing a hairnet. I stopped next to him to ask my question.

"Hu\h," he said, glancing at met out of the corner of his eye. He never really stopped wiping down the window. "Can I pray for you?" I asked again. He considered this for just a moment, still wiping, and then said briskly, "No." Then his back was full to me, and he was really wiping now. So I wished him a good night and left.

I prayed for him on my way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment