Saturday, December 18, 2010

Day 125: A young Catholic

He was sweeping the floor inside a McDonald's. He was young. Mary thought he looked about 12. But he had to be older than that to be working in the state of Kansas. So I'd guess he was 15 or 16, but baby-faced for sure.

That didn't matter. I walked over to him and asked if I could pray for him. He immediately agreed. It was close to closing time, and just a few customers were in the store. But we prayed right there. His head was bowed, his chin just above the top of his broom handle.

Later, he thanked me. I was surprised at his quick response to my question, and his willingness. He was very polite. So I asked him if he was a Christian. He kind of shrugged for a moment like he wasn't sure what to say, and then, "Well, I'm Catholic." I told him that counts, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment