Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 110: Applebee’s

I was there to pick up food. But I had determined I was going to pray for whoever it was that walked out the door to bring it to me. She was young, probably 20 years old, working the cars that were pulling up to the pick-up door.

She said it hadn’t been too busy for a Friday night. It had been much busier the night before, when the restaurant offers it special deals on kids’ meals. When she handed me my receipt, I asked her my question. She was hesitant. “You can if you want to,” she said. Well, I wanted to. So I bowed my head and prayed.
Because I was sitting in my car, and she was standing over me, I couldn’t quite see her reaction. But I pray that she took it well, and that whatever her position is toward God, that she will be drawn even closer to Him. Meanwhile, I drove home, trying to keep the small container of spinach artichoke dip from falling onto the floor of my car – and wondering how they came up with such a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment