Sunday, December 19, 2010

Day 126: Four large pizzas

We had family over tonight, after the big children's Christmas program at church. This get-together necessitated pizza, so I found myself standing at the counter of Pizza Hut. A young man who works there used to be part of a high school Sunday School class that I helped with at one time.

He's an extremely talented musician, and we talked about his upcoming choices for college and the things he was working on. We also talked about his family. His is a big family but suffered a tragedy earlier this year when one sibling drowned in a pool. I didn't bring this up, but I did ask how the family was doing. His smiling face changed a little. "As well as can be expected," he said.

What else to say? So we prayed instead, me standing there holding four large pizzas and him beside me. We prayed for his future, and about the bright things God has planned for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment