Monday, December 20, 2010

Day 127: Inspired

Sue Dysart was a grand lady of our church. She was full of energy and spunk. She died today, and it's a sad thing. Sad for everyone who knew her. But I know this about Sue: She wasn't afraid to share her faith. Bill tells stories about how she would walk up to anybody to ask how they were doing and to pray for them. So she inspires still.

I thought about Sue a lot today. I thought about her when I stepped around the gas pump to talk to a guy who looked like a normal, middle-aged, middle-class, average, bearded, tall guy. His wife or girlfriend still was in the car, so it was just the two of us there. I asked if I could pray for him, and a smile crossed his face. "Well, yeah," he said. And so we prayed. Then we shook hands. "God bless," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment