Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 108: Cops

I think I have new ministry in the works: Praying for police officers. I suppose it's better to meet them on our own terms than theirs.

I found the Park City police officer getting into his car at the Quik Trip. Actually, there were two of them there. One police cruiser was from Kechi and the other from Park City. The one from Kechi drove off as I walked up, and I barely caught the other.

The officer had one foot in his car, looking over his door, when I got his attention and asked if I could pray for him. He said yes immediately. He was tall and very young. And he shook my hand afterward, thanking me. He truly seemed grateful.

Police offers need prayer. The thing I've found is they also seem to know it. That puts them one step ahead of a lot of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment