Friday, October 1, 2010

Day 47: The mailman

I was walking down the street. It was virtually deserted. Then the mailman pulled up. He crossed the street and started emptying two mail boxes that were sitting there, not 100 feet in front of me. It was as if it had been planned that way. I'd never prayed for a mailman. And that's the ultimate All-American, good-guy profession. So I stopped next to him.

"Can I pray for you?" I asked. He just shrugged. He was about 50, and skinny. "I suppose so. I need all the help I can get." So I prayed, and he stopped his work for that moment. Then we shook hands, and I left.

2 comments:

  1. chris, this is pretty special. god bless you. i am hooked on reading your entries about the experiences. i can't wait to tell my sunday school class at asbury church tomorrow. i heard about it in chris' column in the AVN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spike,

    I'm glad you're reading it. This has been quite the adventure. And there's still a long way to go! I really appreciate your encouragement.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete