Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 68: Stocking shelves

They really weren't shelves he was stocking. They were coolers. He was in Walmart, unpacking what looked like apple juice. We were the only ones in that particular aisle, and he greeted me as I walked up to him.

He met my question with a smile, kind of a questioning one. But he was a good sport, and allowed me to pray for him. His nametag identified him as James. He was a young guy, no more than 30. He had a mustache that for some reason I remember. I thanked him as I walked off.

It was a good end to a tough day, at least as far as this project goes. I've lacked confidence and boldness this week for some reason. I'm not sure why, after more than two months, that I seem to be taking steps backward in that department.

Here's some Scripture that I was pointed back to today by Mary: "For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. So never be ashamed to tell others about our Lord." 2 Timothy 1:7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment