Friday, October 15, 2010

After two months …

On one hand, the time seems to have flown by. On the other, every day has required effort. It hasn’t been easy. Here are a few observations I’ve made so far:
n  The nervousness doesn’t go away. It can sweep over you at times when you know you’re about to talk to someone, and you wonder how they’ll receive you. But isn’t as overwhelming as it was at first. Back then, the adrenaline was almost crippling.
n  Young guys – 25 and younger – have offered up some of the most consistent responses to my question. By and large, they’ve been dumbfounded. (See here, here and here.) They don’t quite seem to know what to do with it. And they are very uncomfortable being prayed for. I think guys of that age oftentimes don’t think much about God. They’ve got other things on their minds. But there have been some exceptions (See here.)
n  This project requires a lot of trust – trust that God is working through me. I won’t get to see the outcome of my efforts, at least not in this life. Sometimes, I get weak. I wonder what in the world I’m doing. But God has always been there to lift me back up.
n  Old Town is a very good mission field, and a very convenient one. Walmart, my mission field of last resort, also hasn’t disappointed.
n  I’ve gotten quite a bit of exercise doing this. My circuit through Old Town is about a mile long. Not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment