Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day 59: A baby

It was getting late in Old Town Square. The lights were ablaze for a Wednesday night, and I was looking for someone to talk to. For some reason, I've felt more called to talk to men as I've been following through with this project. I'm not sure why, spiritually. But on the practical side, I worry that a woman would get uncomfortable in a hurry if she was approached by a strange man on the street. Especially after dark.

But that didn't stop me today. Maybe it was because it was well lit. There was a mother holding her baby under the lights of the Square. I could see the baby gazing up into the neon glow, transfixed. The mom was trying to shush him (I think it was a him).

I asked if I could pray for her, and she didn't hesitate saying yes. So I prayed for her and her child, that God would give the baby the rest that babies need. This one was probably 6-months old.

She thanked me and we chatted for a couple of minutes. She'd been eating at a restaurant and the little got fussy. So outside they went. Fortunately it was a beautiful night.

No comments:

Post a Comment