Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 51: A security guard

I saw him from a distance. He was walking in front of a building, long since vacated for the day. He clearly was a security guard, with his white shirt and badge. As I walked his way, I thought how much of a boring job that had to be – at least to me. Maybe he loves it.

I circled around the other side of the building and intercepted him on the back side. “Can I ask you a question?” I asked. “Can I pray for you?” He looked at me a little unsure but a little amused, too. “Did you?” he asked. I laughed at that and told him that no, I hadn’t yet prayed for him, but I wanted to. He agreed, and I prayed.

I asked him if there was anything more I could do for him, and he said no. We chatted for a few minutes longer. His name badge said William, but he shook my hand and told me it was Bill. It was a quiet night, for which he was grateful. The weekends can be rowdy. And then I left. He wished me well.

No comments:

Post a Comment