Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 196: Packers fan

He was filling up a pickup truck at QuikTrip. He was about my age, wearing a black Green Bay Packers stocking cap. My question took him by surprise, and he hesitated, but he said "sure." I clarified that I wanted to pray for him right then, and he got a little more squeamish, but he still said that I could. So I prayed for a blessing for him, noting in my prayer that he'd already been blessed with a Super Bowl win.

He had bowed his head, and when he looked up after the prayer, he had a big grin on his face. He stuck out his hand to shake mine, and he thanked me. Then we chatted a few minutes about Green Bay and about the big game. When he got into his truck, he thanked me again. "I'll return the favor tonight," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment