Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 175: In the band

He was cleaning the windows of his car. He was about my age, wearing a green ball cap. I asked over the hood of his car whether I could pray for him. He looked at me kind of strangely as he finished wiping down the passenger-side window. "Why would you want to do that?" he asked. I told him simply that I try to pray for one person every day.

He considered this a moment, and then said yes. He came around his car, and I walked around a pillar to where he was standing. His next question surprised me. "Can you pray for a friend of mine?" Absolutely. He said his friend, whose name is Mark, was a sound tech in a major band that was having financial difficulty. The band was considering dropping Mark from the payroll. So we prayed, first for my friend in the green hat and then for Mark and his band's financial situation.

The guy in the green hat shook my hand then, asked me my name and thanked me. It was a good conversation. God has provided me with some great ones lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment