Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 188: Glen the greeter

His name was Glen, a greeter at Walmart. God really must have wanted me to pray for Glen because He had me wandering around tonight not finding many good opportunities to reach someone. So the last resort, of course, is Walmart. Mary did need dishwasher soap.

Glen was a big guy, and he smiled when I told him I had a question for him. "I'll give you an answer if I can," he said. "Oh, you'll be able to answer this one," I replied. And he did -- a very hesitant "yes." But I gave Glen one more chance for an out, telling him I wanted to pray for him right there. Again, the hesitant "yes." So we prayed.

I reached out to shake Glen's hand. "I like to pray for one person every day, and you're it," I said then. He smiled again at that. His hand was a little sweaty.

No comments:

Post a Comment