Tuesday, February 15, 2011

After six months ...

I had to search for my feelings about this project as I hit the half-way mark. When something becomes so ingrained in your life, you sometimes don't think about it much -- unless it's right at hand. That's how this project has gotten at times. Usually, it takes me a moment to remember who it was I encountered the previous day. And without looking at the blog, I wouldn't have any idea who I talked to last week.

The risk is losing sight of God's blessings. It's like your family, or your health, or your job. Sometimes you don't always appreciate them for what they are. And this project is one of God's blessings to me. I feel so fortunate to have felt a calling by God to serve him. And I feel so fortunate that he gave me the courage to obey him. Because if there's one thing I know, it's that I couldn't do this alone. I wouldn't have done it. I couldn't have mustered anywhere close to the courage required.

And so half-way through this project, all I can be is thankful. I'm so thankful for what God is doing in my life and what God is letting me be part of. I think back on all the people I've met and talked to. I've gotten some very positive reactions and some very negative ones. One guy offered to pray for me. Another guy yelled at me. One grilled me with questions. And a whole bunch of people have let me pray for them. But all of them have had God presented to them and had a chance to respond.

So I've got six more months, and I can't wait to see what else God has in store.

"Taste and see that the Lord is good;
     blessed is the man who takes refuge in him." -- Psalm 34:8

No comments:

Post a Comment