Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 184: Spaghetti sauce

Back at Leeker's, buying spaghetti sauce. I didn't find a good opportunity to pray for someone inside the store. But have you ever noticed how men tend to dominate in the frozen food aisles while women tend to do so everywhere else? Maybe it was just the time I was there, but I walked through the store twice and couldn't help but notice the gender gap. I suppose that means men tend to prefer just to warm up their food?

Anyway, on my way out of the store, I encountered an employee who was walking in. She was about 60 years old, wearing an apron, and I figured she just had been out for a smoke break. Her name tag said she was Connie. I asked her my question. "Do I need a prayer?" she replied, looking at me suspiciously. I told her about my project, and she smiled finally and said I could pray for her. When I told her I wanted to pray for her right there, she laughed out loud. But she agreed. Connie thanked me afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment