Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 183: Daisies

Daisies cost more at Valentine's Day. I figured as much, and it was confirmed when I saw the little round vase filled with them at a cost of $25. But I love my wife, and she loves daisies, so I proudly walked through Leeker's with the vase balanced in my hand. I was at Leeker's because about a year ago, Valley Center had two flower shops but both have disappeared since then. Getting flowers at the grocery store was the logical next step.

The clerk was a nice woman, about 50 years old, and she frowned a little at my question. "Why?" she asked. I've gotten that question quite a few times, like the person wonders what they've done to make it so blatantly obvious that they need a prayer. So I told her about my project and she immediately agreed. "You never can have too many prayers," she said. There was another person waiting in line behind me, so I didn't push her to pray for her right then. Normally I would have, and I don't know what made me stop. But as I started to walk off I told her again that I'd pray for her. She nodded and smiled.

Today is a special day in this project. It fully wraps up the first half of the year and starts the second half. I need to come up with some thoughts about this, but my mind is a bit blank right now. I will say that God has shown me what it means to be obedient. And he's shown me what it means to trust him. There's not much reason to think that anything I'm doing will make any difference for anyone -- unless I trust that God has a plan. I've got another 182 days to be part of that plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment