Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 179: Getting away

So you've probably noticed, I pray a lot at gas stations. I can usually find a guy standing there passing time. Since I'm there so much, you'd think both my wife's van and my car would always have full tanks. Nope. Just mine mostly. Today, my wife had to stand out in the freezing cold filling up her tank. It was record-cold out, minus 14 while she was outside. (And no one prayed for her!) So I'll be taking her van out more on my prayer missions.

Today's was a lot like yesterday's. Same pump, in fact. The guy was filling up an old SUV. He was wearing a cammo jacket and had a little mustache. He just took one look at me after I'd asked my question and promptly said, "No." Then, he turned immediately and headed for his car door. "Are you sure?" I asked as he got in. "Yes," he said. And mere seconds later, he was gone.

It's not often they flee that fast. I prayed for him anyway. And no, I didn't need gas.

No comments:

Post a Comment