Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 189: Pedialyte

Sam woke up last night throwing up. I counted five times in all. Then it moved south. I won't describe that. Sorry for the graphic details. I just had to tell someone. So tonight Mary sent me for some Pedialyte. I found a bottle and prayed for the clerk who was in the check-out lane at Leeker's.

She was about 20 years old, maybe not even that. And she looked at me a bit dumb-founded and then a little relieved. "That would be really nice," she said. So I prayed for her. Then I asked her if she needed it. "It's been one of those days," she said.

We'd had a day, too. The Sam Situation was followed by the funeral of Mary's grandfather. Before he died, he asked that I officiate the funeral. Obviously, I'd never done that before. But I got some help from my pastor, and a lot of prayer, and it went well. I was honored to do it -- and particularly glad at the chance to share God's Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment