Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 176: Off-road

I was at the gas station getting gas (legitimately this time) when a guy in a very large pickup pulled in next to me. He was an imposing guy, pretty stout himself, and I stepped over to ask him my question. He immediately agreed.

He told me he was a member of the Christian Off-Road Association. It's a group of people who basically go anywhere they possibly can in very large Jeeps. But instead of going off on their excursions with a case of beer, they keep it wholesome. Their website says this: "We’re a group of Christians who love the outdoors. Our goal is to build unity among Christians and have fun in the process. We want to share in great experiences while enjoying the world God has created."

I think that's pretty awesome. And when it storms, they help people out of the snow or wherever else they get stuck. Needless to say, he welcomed the prayer but wanted to deflect it away from him and to his uncle, Fred, who is in the hospital with cancer. So we prayed for God's healing hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment