Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 351: Evangelism

He was a stout guy with dark hair, probably in his 40s. I asked to pray for him, and he immediately said yes. No hesitation at all. So I prayed for him. Then we started chatting. He asked me how long I'd been doing my project and what kind of response people give. I estimated about seven in 10 people say yes, which I've found surprising. He wasn't surprised by that.

Turns out, he's a Christian who attends Grace Community Church in Newton. He does prison ministry. And he's involved in a program at his church, called Judgment House, where seekers can come and hear about the real question that all of us must answer during our lives. I could tell this was a guy -- his name was Brad -- who was on a similar journey to mine. We're convinced evangelism is an important part of our Christian walk.

2 comments:

  1. nice... i think i know brad. good guy. and small world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I asked him about you. He knows you. And he only had nice things to say!

    ReplyDelete