Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 354: Never retire

I met Bill Kemp today. One of the most interesting things about him was the way he just stuck out his hand after I'd prayed for him and said, "I'm Bill Kemp." He hadn't objected at all to the prayer in the first place and, afterward, told me how he attended Word of Life Church.

"I can use all the prayers I can get," he said. One of the reasons for that, he told me, was because he's a grandfather. That got us talking a little bit. He has four grandchildren, and he cares for them very much. I asked Bill if he was retired so that he could spend time with them, but he told me he wasn't. He's an agent for State Farm Insurance. Earlier in his career, he was a teacher. "Tired, maybe, but not retired," he said. "There's nothing in the Bible that says anything about retiring." But in reality, I could see that Bill wasn't tired. He had plenty of energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment