Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 353: On my own time

He was driving a white construction truck. He was a blue-collar worker, talking on his cell phone and moving quickly round his truck. He cleaned out the inside, and then walked quickly inside to pay for his gas. He barely paused to look at me. He was probably 45 years old with longer hair and a very tan face.

He thought about my question and then said, "You may." I thought that was a very formal response. And then he said, "But do it on your own time." Then he went back to cleaning out his cab. I just thanked him and prayed for him as I drove home.

I wonder if that guy will think about it later. I wonder what his reaction will be when he realizes that there is some stranger out there who is thinking about him and taking him before God in prayer. To a lot of people, that would be a very comforting thought. Sadly, others might find it uncomfortable -- weird even.

No comments:

Post a Comment