Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 361: Last greeter

His name was John. He was short and stout, with a bushy beard, standing next to the doors at Walmart. This might be the last Walmart greeter I ever pray for. Maybe. (Who knows what I'll do tomorrow!)

There was nobody around as I was walking out of the store with some eggs and a brownie mix and an air filter -- not an unusual combination for me. It was one of those moments where there was a lull in the action at the front doors of Walmart. I took that for a sign and asked John whether I could pray for him.

He took one look at me and said, "Absolutely. You can pray for me any time." So I asked to pray for him right then and there, and he agreed. It was a short prayer. He thanked me, and I left.

I can't believe there's only four days left.

No comments:

Post a Comment