Friday, August 12, 2011

Day 362: Tattoos

I walked through Old Town and didn't find a good opportunity to pray for someone, so I got in my car -- frustrated -- and started to head for home. That's when I saw a guy walking down Mead Street just next to Douglas. So I pulled off immediately into a parking space and started walking toward him.

He didn't stop at first, so I had to work a little to get his attention. He was a young thin guy, in his 20s, with tattoos up and down his arms. He was wearing sagging pants. But he didn't really look all that tough.

I asked him my question, and he gave me that familiar look. "Pray for me? Why?" So I told him I like to pray for someone every day. "And you haven't prayed for anybody yet today?" he asked. Nope. "OK. Go ahead." So I prayed for him, that God would protect him and bless him.

"Thanks brother," he said, sticking out his hand to shake mine. I remember his hand was a little clammy and soft. But then it was over, and he was walking around the corner, headed east on Douglas.

No comments:

Post a Comment